LP 763 Thumb & Wrist Spica Splint
What is the Thumb Spica Support?
The Easy to Wear Adjustable Thumb Spica Splint is designed for use following fractures and injures to the thumb. The metal side stays provide support and protection against Skier’s Thumb when doing sports.
Patented removable metal splint design to improve thumb stability, support and pain relief.
When can I use it?
- Following a broken Thumb
- In the treatment and prevention of thumb sprains (Skier’s thumb)
- Suitable for degenerative changes in thumb joint like Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, unstable or weakness 1st MCP joint.
- Idea for use when skiing
Which size do I need?
Measure the circumference of your wrist.
- Small 14 – 16.2cm
- Medium 16.2 – 18.7cm
- Large 18.7 – 21.3cm
- X Large 21.3 - 23.8cm
This Thumb spica splint will fit both left and right hand.
How does it work?
The Thumb Spica Splint helps to protect and prevent thumb pain by supporting the thumb, without limiting hand movement. Metal side stays provide support and protection to the thumb which is maintained in neutral position. The thumb stabiliser can be custom fitted using the Velcro straps around the wrist and thumb.
By re-enforcing the ligaments at the base of the thumb, the Spica can help to reduce the forces applied to the thumb joint and thus protect the thumb from injury. This can be very important during sports like skiing, where the ligaments at the base of thumb are often damaged during fall.
- Metal Steel side reinforcement
- Cooling Airprene material to ensure good ventilation
- Easy application and comfort
- fits both left and right hand
Our product is 100% authentic and direct from Manufacturer