Mueller Kinesiology sports K tape 5cm x 5m (BLACK/PINK/BEIGE/BLUE)
How does Mueller Kinesiology Taping Work?
The Mueller Kinesiology tape is a uniquely designed tape for treatment of muscular disorders, lymphedema reduction and joint proprioceptive support to help reduce recovery times and improve fitness levels.
The Mueller Kinesiology taping method involves taping over and around muscles in order to assist and give support or to prevent over-contraction. The first technique gives the practitioner the opportunity to give support while still maintaining full range of motion. This enables the individual to participate in his/her normal physical activities with functional assistance. The second technique, which is most commonly used in the acute stage of rehabilitation, helps prevent overuse or over-contraction and helps provide facilitation of lymph flow for an entire 24 hour period.
The Mueller Kinesiology taping also affects the activation of the neurological system and the circulatory system. Muscles are not only attributed to the movements of the body, they also control the circulation of venous and lymph flows, body temperature, etc. Therefore, the failure of the muscles to function properly induces various kinds of symptoms. Consequently, more attention was given to the importance of muscle function in order to activate the body's own healing process. Using an elastic tape, such as Mueller Kinesiology tape, it was discovered that muscles and other tissues could be helped by outside assistance. Mueller Kinesiology Taping is an innovative approach to treating nerves, muscles and organs.
Since the introduction of Kinesiology Taping in the United Kingdom, medical practitioners such as physiotherapist, osteopaths, chiropractors, GPs, orthopaedic consultants and sports therapists have recognized and embraced this effective, safe and best of all, easy-to-use modality. The method and tape allow the individual to receive the therapeutic benefits 24 hours a day with both comfort and ease because it can be worn for several days per application. Currently, Mueller Kinesiology tape is used in hospitals, clinics, universities, professional sports teams and national sports teams.
Some features of Mueller Kinesiology tape are:
- 100% cotton and latex free
- Elasticity of up to 30-40% from resting length
- Tape is applied with 10% stretch
- Medical grade, heat sensitive acrylic adhesive
- Allows the skin to breathe
- Thickness and weight approximates that of skin
- Easily tolerated
- Allows range of motion and does not restrict like conventional athletic tape
- Elastic properties support and reduce muscle fatigue
- Facilitated myofascial release and improves lymphatic flow - in turn reducing pain and swelling
- Can be worn for several days (3-5) without re-application
- Cost effective patient management (6-10 applications per roll)
Physiological Effects of Mueller Kinesiology Taping:
- Relieves pain
- Supports muscles in movement
- Removes lymphatic fluid congestion
- Corrects joint mis-alignment
- Assists in positioning a muscle or joint into proper position for rehabilitation
- Assists a weak muscle by placing it in a normal position
- Improves kinesthetic awareness of posture and alignment