ProTec Pre Cut Kinesiology Sports Tape 20 Piece Set
Easy to Use Guide included for:
IT band syndrome, patello femoral dysfunction, patella tendonitis (jumper's knee), plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, calf pain, shin splint, hamstring pain, tennis elbow, neck pain, low back pain, shoulder pain, carpal tunnel syndrome.
The ProTec Kinesiology tape is a popular American Sports brand that is used widely in NFL and NBA. This uniquely designed 20 Pre Cut tape is for treatment of muscular disorders, lymphedema reduction and joint proprioceptive support to help reduce recovery times and improve fitness levels.
The ProTec Kinesiology taping method involves taping over and around muscles in order to assist and give support or to prevent over-contraction. The first technique gives the practitioner the opportunity to give support while still maintaining full range of motion. This enables the individual to participate in his/her normal physical activities with functional assistance. The second technique, which is most commonly used in the acute stage of rehabilitation, helps prevent overuse or over-contraction and helps provide facilitation of lymph flow for an entire 24 hour period.
The Protec Kinesiology taping also affects the activation of the neurological system and the circulatory system. Muscles are not only attributed to the movements of the body, they also control the circulation of venous and lymph flows, body temperature, etc. Therefore, the failure of the muscles to function properly induces various kinds of symptoms. Consequently, more attention was given to the importance of muscle function in order to activate the body's own healing process.
Since the introduction of Kinesiology Taping in the United Kingdom, medical practitioners such as physiotherapist, osteopaths, chiropractors, GPs, orthopaedic consultants and sports therapists have recognized and embraced this effective, safe and best of all, easy-to-use modality. The method and tape allow the individual to receive the therapeutic benefits 24 hours a day with both comfort and ease because it can be worn for several days per application. Currently, ProTec Kinesiology tape is used in hospitals, clinics, universities, professional sports teams and national sports teams.
- 20 pieces: 10 Y Strip 10 Straight Strip
- 100% cotton and latex free
- Elasticity of up to 30-40% from resting length
- Tape is applied with 10% stretch
- Medical grade, heat sensitive acrylic adhesive
- Allows the skin to breathe
- Thickness and weight approximates that of skin
- Easily tolerated
- Allows range of motion and does not restrict like conventional athletic tape
- Elastic properties support and reduce muscle fatigue
- Facilitated myofascial release and improves lymphatic flow - in turn reducing pain and swelling
- Can be worn for several days (3-5) without re-application
- Cost effective patient management (20 applications per package)
Physiological Effects of ProTec Kinesiology Taping:
- Relieves pain
- Supports muscles in movement
- Removes lymphatic fluid congestion
- Corrects joint mis-alignment
- Assists in positioning a muscle or joint into proper position for rehabilitation
- Assists a weak muscle by placing it in a normal position
- Improves kinesthetic awareness of posture and alignment