Steroplast Ice Pack 29cm x 13cm
Steroplast is a world recognized brand leader in the medical first aid field. The quality of their product and its consistency have always been central to their success - the reason the NHS hosptials, veterinary, sports and occupational healthcare professionals always ask for Steroplast products by name.
All Steroplast products go through strict quality inspection, and carry the essential "CE" mark - your guarantee that each and every product exceeds the stringent quality standards required in the healthcare sector.
Steroplast Instant ice pack should be used in the early (acute) stage of a sports injury to relieve pain, prevent swelling,cool tissue temperature and prevent further tissue damage following the initial injury.
- Also useful to relieve pain of migranes, sunstroke, insect bites, toothache, burns and general muscle/joint pain
- Widely used by schools, sports teams, medical centres, clinics and physiotherapists
- The longer bag size is ideal for wrapping around limbs and is suitable for nearly all body areas
- Safe for use on all age groups including children
- Simple squeeze and shake activation - packs become ice cold in seconds. No need to refrigerate or freeze!!!
- Pack are for single use only but can remain cold for up to 40 mins at room temperature
- Pack size: 29cm x 13cm
- Long expiry date (typically 2 years+)
How to use Instant Ice Pack
Steroplast instant ice packs are very easy to use, simply squeeze the inner button and shake. This will activate the cold pack making it cold within seconds; then place on the injury.
A cold pack should be applied as soon as possible after the injury occurs.
The length of time and how often ice should be applied is recommended as 20 minutes for every 2 hours for the first 48 - 72 hours. However this can vary depending on the individual being treated where 20 minutes can prove excessive to some and inadequate for others
- Never place pack directly onto the skin as low temperatures can cause freeze burns.
- Always wrap pack in a cloth or protective sleeve before use.
- Store pack at room temperature - do not store instant ice packs in the fridge or freezer.
- Use under adult supervision.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If you or your child is affected by circulatory problems seek medical advice before use.
- Do not continue to use if pack causes any discomfort.
- If the pack is punctured or opened dispose immediately.
- If solution is swallowed drink plenty of water.
- If solution contacts eyes, wash out thoroughly with water and consult with your doctor.