Ultimate Performance Sock
Comfortable and Proven relief from plantar fasciitis and achilles tenonitis
The UP Sock is a safe, effective and affordable supplemental treatment for heel pain caused by plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis. The UP sock consists of a tubular knit material that fits over the calf with two attached adjustable straps to maintain the foot in a neutral to slightly stretched position.
The UP Sock is an easy to use device designed to keep tension on the plantar fascia and calf tendons so it heals in a stretched position at night.
How does the UP Sock work?
While sleeping or resting, The UP Sock holds the plantar fascia in a stretched position to maintain the positive effects of other daily treatments. It engages the windlass mechanism to maintain the plantar facia at its maximum length. This reduces and/or eliminates the pain of the first few steps in the morning or when getting up after resting.
The UP Sock is designed to hold the ankle and forefoot joints in a position of slight dorsiflexion thereby preventing plantarflexion.
The involuntary stretching of the plantar fascia, over a longer period of time, can help to strengthen the arch of the foot, thereby reducing potential re-occurrences
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis is a common condition affecting millions of people each year. The plantar fascia is a thick, fibrous material covering the sole of the foot that helps to balance the complex movements of the foot and ankle. It provides static support and acts as a bowstring to support the medial longitudinal arch of the foot. When the plantar fascia is stressed it becomes inflamed and develops painful microscopic tears at the heel which result in heel spur syndrome. Some factors contributing to this condition are occupations requiring a great deal of walking or standing, a sudden increase in activity level, or a weight gain of as little as 5 lbs. Poor foot biomechanics such as flat feet, high arches, rigid feet or even family history may also contribute to the development of this condition. Traditional treatments to relieve plantar fasciitis have included: rest, medication (including steroid injections and/or anti-inflammatory drugs), physical therapy, orthotics and in rare circumstances surgery.
- Clinically proven effective device
- It does not lock the ankle joint into any one position thus allowing some movement between the various joints preventing possible joint compression pain.
- It can be safely worn for several hours without adverse effect when applied properly.
- It can be worn to bed, provides no significant restrictions and will not interrupt normal sleep if worn as directed.
- It is an effective device providing low cost relief of heel spur symptoms.
- It can reduce/eliminate the pain experienced with the first morning steps.
- It can, over a period of time, strengthen the arch of the foot.
- It can supplement and not interfere with the various traditional doctor's treatment.
What Size Do I Need?
According to UK Shoe size
Small - 6-8
Regular - 8-11
XL - 12-14
Sold individually (not in pairs)
Fits left or right foot.